This is an outpatient procedure that is performed to remove blocking prostate tissue that will enable a male to urinate easily.
This Greenlight laser therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia is compared to the surgical treatment for enlargement of the prostate. General anesthesia is required. This therapy has the advantages over traditional surgery of decreased blood loss, outpatient treatment, shorter duration of catherization with comparable outcomes.
During the procedure, a cystoscope is placed in the bladder. The prostate is visualized, a laser fiber is placed over the prostatic tissue, and the tissue is heated and vaporized. At the termination of the procedure, a Foley catheter is placed, and the patient is returned to the recovery room.
- The procedure will be scheduled at the outpatient facility
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the procedure. If you require daily medications, you can talk to the anesthesiologist and discuss this with them.
- After the procedure, you will be sent home with a Foley Catheter (temporary tube) in your bladder. This will stay in place for 1-3 days.
- There may be some blood in your urine – this is normal.
- You will be sent home on medications that you will need to take.
Further information at: www.greenllightforbph.com
Schedule an appointment today
UROLOGY CENTER OF
We consider ourselves to be leaders in the field of urology, having brought ESWL to South Florida, and presently are performing more Robotic procedures than any practice in South Florida.
7400 SW 87th Ave. #240
Miami, FL 33173
941 N Krome Ave
Homestead, FL 33030